Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Food for Thought

I rarely post but just have to say something. The news about the school boy who shot students in Chardon, Ohio is something that got me deep thinking. I read a bit about the shooter T.J Lane and i thought bullying is deeper than we know. He was a student in a special education school and was taunted and always segregated from others. I relate that to the gay community where a high percentage of us live in the physical level and anyone not par with that "gay" level is mocked and avoided. I then asked myself how often do I look at people for who they are than what they look like. How many friends do I have who care more about others than being a GQ poster man. I personally belief that a truly genuine beautiful personality would show in your appearance. I say this because each time we diss another person each time we throw shade each time we show off we indirectly saying we are superior than you and that is what bullying is all about. The irony is everyone complains that gay people are fake but yet the person complaining is no less materialistic. Those who are forever remembered are those who positively effect changes in the lives of those around them. There are many people who need our help but to help genuinely we must understand what it means to live with the basic necessity of life.

No comments: