Thursday, July 9, 2009

The Set Time

I am gay, Nigerian America Christian. Being gay here is not different than those in Nigeria, i might be able to have a bit of liberty, but still have my family to hide from. Today i was chatting with a fellow african friend of mine about who we are as gay christians and i was compelled to write this note.

This is the set time for gay christians to rise and shine. We were created for a time such as this.I have my liberty i am finally free, i would never be bound again. There is therefore no condemnation to then who are in Christ Jesus. Old things have passed away and behold all things are new ( 2 Corinthians 5:17).I was created for a time like this to rise up and shine, and let the whole world know Christ in me is the Hope of Glory. I have traded it all for the Joy of the Lord, this is a time when gay Christians would prove tot he world that truly we are of God. This is a time we help fellow gay brothers to reconcile there sexuality and spirituality. Enough has been said about how we are demonic possessed and all, but i am here today that the same spirit that raised christ from the dead dwells in us. John 3: 16 says that God so LOVED the world he gave his only begotten son that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have life eternal;. This scripture was not meant to "straight" people, it was meant to every believer no matter your sexuality. There is so much God has in store for us, if only we turn to Him. I have decided to live my life as a gay christian embrace who i am and serve God in Spirit and in truth. God is love and we are love because we are of God.
I pray that many would understand who they are in Christ and reconcile with Him.

No comments: